Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What vaccinations do I need for my dog? Dogs must have both their DHPPI three yearly vaccination and their annual canine cough vaccination. Vaccinations must be current, must not expire while the dog is boarding with us, and must have been given at least 10 days prior to boarding.
- 2. What vaccinations do I need for my cat? Felocell CVRP for Calicivirus, Rhinotrachritis (snuffles), Panleukopenia (Feline Enteritis). This must be given annually for your cat to be accepted for boarding in the cattery, even though it is sometimes only given every two years.
- 3. Do I need to bring food for my pet?
- All food is provided, unless you wish to bring your own. There is no difference in cost to you either way. If your pet is on a special diet, or has an easily upset tummy, it is best to bring their own food. Please ensure food is in a hard container, clearly labelled with the pet name including surname, and the amount to be fed and when. Treats can be brought too, but we will not give rawhide bones or raw bones. Please don't bring their own bowls. We only use stainless steel bowls that can be sterilised safely.
- 4. Can I bring medications for my pet?
- Yes, absolutely. There is no cost for us to administer medication for your pet. Please ensure medicines are clearly labelled with the pet name, dosages and times to be given.
- 5. Should I bring my pet's bed? We prefer to use our own bedding, as we can easily change it if it gets wet or dirty. It can be difficult to keep track of pet's own bedding if we are busy and it needs cleaning. Please do not bring duvets or bean bags. 6. Should I bring toys for my dog? One is enough if your dog has a toy for chewing etc. They are outside playing as much as possible, and there is plenty of distraction when they are inside. We find toys are not used very often in the units. 7, Why is my dog sometimes wet and dirty when I pick them up? Our big dogs exercise in grass paddocks in most weather. The runs can get muddy when it is raining, and the dogs are busy playing. If they are wet or dirty they have generally had a great time! Feel free to book them for a quick bath prior to pick up.